Friday, January 1, 2016

Awesome Christmas in Hong Kong

I feel blessed. One of the awesome Christmas gifts that my brother gave me this Christmas is a trip to Hong Kong.

View of Hong Kong from Angelina's Cafe at IFC mall

Spending time in Hong Kong during December is always nice since the weather is cool. During my visit the temperature ranged from 17 to 21 degrees Celsius. Walking is certainly more enjoyable and seeing a lot of Christmas displays just adds to the happy holiday vibe as I went around in Hong Kong.

I was able to see the wonderful Christmas themed displays at the Landmark and Elements mall.

The Landmark mall featured a lot of cuddly bears in action that both kids and kids at heart enjoyed seeing. The display showed bears moving around. The bear riding inside a boat that goes around from the ceiling is really eye-catching.



Bears dressed in Santa outfits dancing was entertaining to watch

Bear on  a boat moves around from the ceilling

Video showing the bears and a booth for Christmas wishes at the Landmark

The Elements mall located at the Kowloon side featured 100 Kouklitas (which means dolls in Greek) Christmas dolls made by Fashion Designer and Illustrator, Andrew Yang, who is known for his past collaborations with Barney's and Nick Knight Studios. 







Seeing the Christmas displays in the malls in Hong Kong and families taking photos with the displays on the background just shows us that simple family time and taking a few minutes to watch Christmas themed moving displays brings back a lot of happy childhood memories. 
Hong Kong holds a special place in my heart since it was the first international destination out of my home country that I have visited with my dad and brothers when I was a kid. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment