Friday, August 7, 2015

Paper Moon Opens in Manila

Paper Moon, a swanky boutique cafe from Japan, has opened recently at Glorietta mall in Makati City.

The cafe has been featured by CNN Travel as one of the best dessert spots in Tokyo. It is known for its signature Mille Crepe cake which is made from 20 paper-thin crepes bound with creamy custard.

It was founded by a Japanese woman named Madame Kazuko Emy Wada. I got pleasantly surprised when I found out that she is also the lady behind the acclaimed New York boutique cafe called Lady M which has opened stores in Hong Kong and Singapore.

I heard about Lady M cafe from my brother who was raving about it since he tried their mille crepe cake in Singapore during one of his recent trips. I tried to get a chance to get a slice of their mille crepe in Lady M in Hong Kong for three times but was not able to try it since the line is very long and the cakes get sold out.

Madame Wada learned the European way of making desserts from her Austrian mother-in-law and combined her penchant for creating high quality cakes and food products, which has resulted to the opening Lady M and Paper Moon cafes.


During the store's  recent opening, Madame Emy Wada(lady on the right)
is very hands-on and ensures the high quality of  Paper Moon mille
crepe cakes, food and service is given to customers.


The must-try cake at Paper Moon is their original mille crepe cake which is currently offered at PHP225 per slice.




Paper Moon also offers mini crepe cakes and other flavours of mille crepe cakes such as strawberry, mango and chocolate.


Paper Moon's mini strawberry mille crepe cake
 
Paper Moon's original crepe cake 

I have finally tried the must-try mille crepe from Paper Moon cafe. I would say that it is worth the wait, very good and the sweetness is just right.
After trying the crepe cake, I even got the opportunity to talk a bit to  Lady M herself (a.k.a. Madame Kazuko Emy Wada)  at Paper Moon and told her that what I really wanted to try is their Green Tea flavoured mille crepe cake. She responded to me with a smile and told me in a soft spoken manner that they will also offer it later on.
I am looking forward to visit Paper Moon again. It is definitely a cool place for nice desserts. Hopefully, they already have Green Tea mille crepe cakes next time I visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment