Wednesday, September 3, 2014

French Macarons in Hong Kong

During my recent trip to Hong Kong, I went to Laduree and Pierre Herme.

Laduree, a well-known brand for macarons in Paris,  offers various macaron flavours and tea selections. They have a dine-in area at the Times Square Mall store in Hong Kong. 

It is a good stop over for an afternoon tea break. Simply choose the macaron flavour you want and pair it with a good pot of tea.

Everytime I see Laduree, I actually remember fond memories of my Paris trips.  I remember going there for the first time with my brother to try their famous macarons after a day of shopping at Champs Elysee area and going to their small shop at the Saint Germain area.

Various macaron flavours and nice boxes


A Hong Kong designed box for 8 pieces of macarons

Macarons paired with your choice of tea

Another French macaron brand that is now available in Hong Kong is Pierre Herme.  Pierre Herme is a pastry chef who trained under the legendary Patisssier Gaston Lenotre in Paris. 

Pierre Herme is famous in France, Japan and the United States. 

Pierre Herme has been called by Vogue as "the Picasso of Pastry" since he has revolutionised the art of pastry-making with regard to taste and modernity.

Pierre Herme shops carry a lot of interesting and innovative macaron flavours. I remember that when I tried it for the first time before in Paris I had to line up for more than 30 minutes since a lot of tourists and Parisians buy from their shop on Rue Bonaparte. Apart from the macarons, the French also love to buy their mini cakes.


Pierre Herme shop in Hong Kong's IFC mall



Box of 7-piece macaron in a Paris landmarks designed box


For me Pierre Herme is the best macaron that I have tasted. It's soft and the flavours are bolder than other brands. I simply love it!

The Pierre Herme shop is certainly a cool stopover in Hong Kong. It's a good place to get gifts that you can give to friends back home.

To know more about Pierre Herme, you may visit their website: Pierre Herme website.

No comments:

Post a Comment