Tuesday, September 30, 2014

If I Stay

Recently, I was able to watch a wonderful film called "If I Stay" starring Chloe Grace Moretz.




The movie revolves around how a teenager who is passionate about playing the cello was supported by her parents to her help achieve her dream. It also shows how as love makes us strong amidst the challenges we face in life.

Mia(played by Chloe Grace Moretz), had to deal with challenges in her life when their family got into a car accident that led to a situation where she shares her life experience and her thoughts on life and love. She also shared the story on how she fell in love with Adam(played by Jamie Blackley) and the differences that they had.

Although the film is quite emotional (which means that you should bring tissue when you watch it as there are a lot of touching scenes), I would say that it is also a movie that brings hope and makes us realize that love conquers challenges in life and it is true what they say that what does not kill us only makes us stronger.

Apart from this, it also teaches us that if we follow our passions in life then we will definitely succeed. In the film, Mia is passionate about playing the cello and she never imagined that she would end up having a great audition for Julliard, the best music school.

Chloe Grace Moretz(who plays the role of Mia) is certainly a good actress. I feel that she can probably win an Oscar award in the future provided that she is given good breaks and have more opportunities to do great films.

The movie also reminds us  that life is short and we have to love, live, give and learn. What is important is that we lead a meaningful life and make a difference in other people's lives in a positive way.

Here's a trailer of the movie If I Stay:



I love the film and the soundtrack makes it even better. My favourite songs are the "Halo" song version by Ane Brun and Odessa's song "I will be there".


Here's Ane Brun's rendition of Halo:




The first time I heard Odessa's song "I will be there" was in Queen Latifah's show. It was a song also used by Subaru in their tv ad. Here's Odessa singing "I will be there":



If you want to watch a simple film about life and love then I suggest you watch this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment