Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Curator: A Cool place for Coffee and Cocktails

I have recently discovered a secret coffee and cocktails bar in Makati City called "The Curator".

The place is quite hidden and can accommodate around 30 people. I learned about it from some people who have been to the place.

The Curator is located inside Cyrano wine bar on Carlos Palanca Street in Legaspi Village, Makati City. You will not see a signage from outside so if you are a first-timer at the place then most likely you will end up going inside Cyrano and asking the staff on how you can go to The Curator.





What I like about the place is that it is a cool, simple, quiet and cozy place where you can find unusual drinks. This explains why the name of the place is "The Curator" because they offer curated drinks that one cannot find in other bars or coffee shops. It makes sense since the place offers premium priced drinks and most of their customers are adventurous people who are willing to have an extraordinary coffee and cocktails bar experience.

I have been to the place twice these past few days since the first time that I went there was at night and I ended up having a cocktail drink since I was informed by Faye, one of their courteous staff, that at past 7PM they only serve cocktail drinks since the bar transforms into a cocktail bar.

To make my night visit worthwhile, I decided to sit at the bar and learn more about their unusual cocktail drinks from Yoma, their knowledgeable bartender, as I enjoyed my cocktail drink.


Blue Agave cocktail drink by The Curator




Wide selection of liquors and mixes for cocktails



After a couple of days, I went back to "The Curator" to have light breakfast prior to my appointments for the day and to see how the place looks like during the day.

The place is cool. It has an industrial look and feel as the walls are just concrete walls without paint and the furnitures are Scandinavian style which blends very well with the simple interiors of the place.












I tried their croissant and BOD(Brew of the day). They do not offer decaf version of their coffee creations so I was not sure how late I would end up awake for the day... ha ha ha. I just thought it is okay to have some caffeine since I do not drink coffee everyday anyway and it is a place known for curated coffee so I  might as well try it.





I would say that their coffee is certainly good and the price is reasonable at PHP120 per order. It is certainly the same amount that you will spend in other coffee shops around the area. The BOD coffee that I tried which was an Ethiopian blend which was smooth and had some fruity notes.

Overall, my experience at the Curator is very good. Their staff are well-trained and knowledgeable about their products. Apart from this, they are also friendly and they even address you by your first name.

I will definitely go back to The Curator since it is certainly a cool place for coffee and cocktail drinks. Cheers!






\\





























No comments:

Post a Comment