Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Blackbird at the Nielson Tower

My friends and I finally tried the much talked about new restaurant in town called Blackbird located beside the Ayala Triangle gardens.




It is the newest restaurant by Chef Colin Mackay, owner of well-loved restaurants such as Sala, People's Palace and Sala Bistro.

Blackbird restaurant is a nice and historical place since it used to be the old  Nielson Tower Airport Terminal which has been beautifully transformed into an art deco designed and Aviation-themed restaurant.

Their menu includes various Asian and European dishes. 

Since my friends and I wanted some low-carb but high protein meal we got their steak dishes.


Dry rubbed Wagyu Hanger Steak with fries

The restaurant also accomodates special requests since I requested to have a salad with my steak instead of the usual fries or mashed potatoes.

Flat Iron steak with salad

Blackbird is certainly a nice place to go to for a nice lunch or dinner with family or friends. The ambience is cool and the interiors of the place was done well.

Blackbird  restaurant view from Ayala triangle gardens


No comments:

Post a Comment