Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Yummy Asian Food Finds in Hong Kong

Everytime I go to Hong Kong I love trying new restaurants. Eating nutritious and delicious food is important especially if your main activity for the day is to go around shopping. After all carrying all your shopping stuff is like doing weights training and the walking at the malls is a workout in itself...ha ha ha.

Since I choose to be committed to keeping myself healthy I take into consideration restaurants that serve healthy but yummy food options.

One of my recent food finds is a restaurant called "Minh & Kok". 


The restaurant serves both Vietnamese and Thai dishes and has a nice and cozy ambience. 


Since my brother and I wanted to eat something light for dinner we had the pomelo salad, papaya salad and the grilled beef skewers.


Pomelo salad

Papaya salad

Grilled beef skewers


MInh & Kok restaurant is located at Shop C&D, G/F, 66-72 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong. Food prices are quite affordable and service is quick.


Another good food option is Crystal Jade restaurant

Crystal Jade restaurant serves "Xiao Long Bao", steamed pork dumpling dish that originated from China. The name means "small basket dumpling". Unlike the usual dumplings, it is a dumpling that has a soupy and flavourful broth inside that  bursts in your mouth once you take a bite.



I paired my Xiao Long Bao with a Chinese spinach dish for light and healthy meal. 



Aside from the traditional Xiao Long Bao, Crystal Jade also offers other Xiao Long Bao flavours such as black truffle, spicy chicken, and cheese flavours.

In case your have a stopover flight in Hong Kong, there is a Crystal Jade restaurant  located at the Hong Kong International Airport that serves their famous Xiao Long Bao and other delicious dishes. Try it.



No comments:

Post a Comment